Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, August 5, 2011

We have a heartbeat!

"116 Beats Per Minute," the doc said with a smile.  She explained that everything looks just as it should, and that there is no reason why this should be considered a high risk preganancy.  I started crying.  Even if I'm not high risk, I know I 'm going to be high maintenance.  I remember the joy and the smiles we had at our last "first OB".  This time there were tears of fear accompanied by a cautious optimism.  She said it's now time to find a local doctor.  I'm really scared about that because I was very unhappy with the last one I chose.  I've been asking around, but the problem is that you don't know until you've been there, and by that time you've had all your records transferred and it seems your "stuck".  I'll have one more appointment with my RE in 2 weeks before I have to make my decision. 

In the meantime, I'm back to work.  There's no "keeping stress levels low" when you get students in a couple of days and you have no classroom yet!  Morning meetings are followed by time to prepare our rooms, and I just sit in the corner and read.  There's not much else for me to do...

1 comment:

  1. congrats!!! The move to an OB is nervewracking and I hope you find one you like this time around!

    ReplyDelete