Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

Now what?

I remember when I was in the hospital. I was in terrible pain from having had a c-section, and even more from having lost our babies. I told my husband, "I never want to go through this again!" I meant all of it. No IVF, no pregancy, no hospital. Ever again. He answered, "We've come this far for something we've wanted so badly. We should try again."

After a few weeks I agreed. We signed up for another cycle, and another, and then this one. We've spent ourselves nearly into ruin. This time he said he thinks we should give up on having our own, but I am the one who's not ready to thow in the towel. So now what?


The thought of paying for another cycle seems impossible. I've found two grant programs, but one is past the deadline until next spring (oh, if I were young enough to wait that long!) and the other one wants you to be so poor that you wouldn't be able to pay the rent in this part of the country. So, we're stuck.


Another door is closed. Anyone see a window open anywhere???

5 comments:

  1. *hugs* I don't know what to suggest, but I can pray a solution is found soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved to a state that covers IVF, where do you live? I'd be happy to brainstorm with you. Have you contacted resolve?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resolve is a national infetility association. I'd be happy to discuss what I've learned. Feel free to reach out. There can always be a plan b if you want there to be one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my email is hotmamabear213@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so brave and driven. Sending you my best wishes that you will find the perfect outlet for your love and creativity so you will feel a fulfilling sense of purpose and connection.

    ReplyDelete